Ever wondered what it would feel like to get up close and personal with an artwork? Prepare to have your engage all your senses at the Singapore Art Museum as we invite you to discover contemporary art with our tactile collection.
In this 90-minute workshop, participants will get to know more about SAM and contemporary art, play games and be introduced to one work from the SAM Touch Collection. Not only will participants get to observe and handle the artwork, but they will also be encouraged to share their thoughts and discuss the themes expressed in the artwork adaptation. All participants will also have a chance to get creative and make their own masterpiece!
The programme is specially designed for the following audience groups for ages 6 years and up:
- Children/students with mild intellectual, developmental or learning disabilities
- Persons with visual impairment
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing community
Participants will have the opportunity to experience one artwork in the workshop:
- Utama’s Kitty by David Chan
- East and West by Justin Lee
- Adaptation of An Other Space within the House I and II by Tang Ling Nah
- Just a tiny part of you is all I need by Ezzam Rahman
- Adaptation of Raising Spirits and Restoring Souls by Zulkifle Mahmod
(Note: This workshop consists of interacting with a sound artwork and activities which involve sound and music making. We recommend that students who are less sensitive to sound join this group.)
Based on the profile of your group, the SAM Access team will recommend the workshop and artwork.
When: Mondays, Wednesdays or Thursdays, 10.30am–12pm
Duration: 1.5 hours
Price: Workshops are complimentary. Groups will have to make their own transport arrangements to SAM @ TPD.
Capacity: Estimated 10–15 participants per session depending on the support needs. Caregivers, therapists, parents, teachers or siblings are welcome to join in the session as an opportunity for bonding. Based on the group’s profile, the ideal group size will be discussed with the facilitators.
To make a booking, please download and fill out the SAM Touch Collection Workshop Booking Form and email the completed form to email@example.com. Bookings for workshops must be received at least 5 weeks in advance.
This workshop is designed for participants who are able to:
- Engage in simple discussion where they may share their observations about the artwork or express their own preferences (eg. colour).
- Follow simple instructions to use materials (eg. paper, paint, recycled materials, clay) to create their own artwork individually or in a group with some assistance from the facilitator and caregiver.
- Share ideas about their own artwork creation to the wider group
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information.
Note: SAM reserves the right to accept or reject workshop requests. Submission of the booking form does not imply acceptance of your booking.